- 1 Review of Preethi Zodiac MG 218 mixer grinder (mixie) in India
- 2 Video demo of Zodiac MG 218
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 juicer mixer grinder
- 4 Frequently asked questions
Review of Preethi Zodiac MG 218 mixer grinder (mixie) in India
Suppose you are looking for a proven workhorse with a powerful motor from one of India’s top mixer grinder brands. In that case, the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 is for you. The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 is much more than a mixer grinder. It comes with an Insta fresh Juice jar, Master Chef + Jar for food processing, Vega W5 750W motor with 3-speed option + pulse mode, and an ABS plastic construction with an elegant design.
In short, the Zodiac MG 218 is a versatile mixer grinder juicer, and it will be a worthy addition to any Indian kitchen. The most notable feature of the Zodiac MG 218 is its 2.1 liter Master Chef plus jar can perform functions such as atta kneading, chopping, citrus press, pureeing, slicing, grating, and meat mincing.
We recommend reading our buyer’s guide to learn what to look for when buying a mixer grinder.
- A versatile mixer grinder that combines several useful functions into one
- Elegant design that will sit pretty in any kitchen
- 750W powerful motor that can grind turmeric in just 2 minutes
- 5-year warranty on the motor + 2-year warranty on the product
- Loud and noisy, can become unbearable when grinding turmeric at speed level 3
- Atta kneading has issues. Several users have broken blades
- Overall construction and build quality are below par for a mixer grinder that costs over ₹7000
- Average to poor customer service
The Zodiac MG 218 is not the best neither the worst mixer grinder available in India today. For the hefty price tag, there are other options that you can consider, like the Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W Black that comes with a more powerful 1000W motor at a similar price range. On the other hand, Zodiac MG 218 is both versatile and elegant.
Video demo of Zodiac MG 218
An in-depth look at the features of the Preethi Zodiac MG 218 juicer mixer grinder
- Power and performance – The Zodiac MG 218 comes with a powerful 750W motor. Remember, choose a mixer with at least 750W power. This mixie has 3-speed levels and pulse action.
- Jars – The Zodiac MG 218 mixie comes with 5 jars.
- Use the 1.5L wet jar for making idli batter.
- The 1L dry jar can grind turmeric, black pepper, etc.
- Use the 0.5L chutney for making coconut, tomato, onion, coriander, and mint chutney.
- The 1.2L 3-in-1 Insta Fresh Fruit jar can extract tamarind juice and coconut milk, be used for blending, and as a citrus press to extract fresh juices.
- Usage – The Zodiac MG 218 is a versatile mixer grinder used for extracting juices, making chutneys, mincing meat, kneading atta, and many more. The most notable feature is the multi-purpose Master Chef Jar+. You can use this jar for atta kneading, chopping, citrus press, pureeing, slicing, grating, and meat mincing, making your cooking enjoyable and fun.
- Safety – Electrical safety and physical safety are vital aspects that one should never overlook when buying a mixer grinder. The Zodiac MG 218 comes with non-slip feet to ensure that the mixer grinder stays put when functioning. It also has an overload indicator (OLP) which changes from orange to red if the mixie is overloaded. When you encounter this, switch off the mixie and remove some material from the jar. Press the Red knob projecting out of the bottom plate and restart the mixie.
- Blades – The Zodiac MG 218 comes with super sharp multi-functional blades. These razor-sharp blades provide fine grinding. The one downside is that these blades are difficult to change.
- Cleaning – All of the Zodiac MG 218’s jars except the juicer jar are easy to clean. The 3-in-1 juicer comes with a pusher, lid, filter, jar, spout, cutter assembly, and housing, making it cumbersome to clean.
- Accessories – Preethi ships the Zodiac MG 218 with spout and spout cap for the Insta fresh fruit jar. A Spatula, Blade coupler, pusher/measuring cup, blade holder disk, kneader blade, chopper blade, slicing blade, and grating blade for the Master Chef Jar+. A citrus bowl and citrus cone for the citrus press.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between Preethi Zodiac MG 218 and Preethi Zodiac 2.0?
- The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 comes with 5 jars as opposed to the 4 jars of Zodiac 2.0
- The Zodiac 2.0 is expensive than the MG 218
- The Zodiac 2.0 has dedicate menu buttons for coconut chutney, atta kneading, dosa batter, and puree
Preethi Zodiac MG 218 mixer grinder - Specifications
|No. of Motors||1|
|No. of Jars||4|
|No. of Speed Settings||3|
|Noise Level||80 dB|
|On-Device Control Type||Knob|
|Voltage Rating||220-240 V|
|AFTER SALES & SERVICES|