- 1 Review of Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixer grinder (mixie)
- 2 Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixer grinder – Product walkthrough video
- 3 An in-depth look at the features of the Preethi Zodiac 2.0 juicer mixer grinder
- 4 Frequently asked questions
Review of Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixer grinder (mixie)
The Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixie is the refreshed version of the Zodiac MG 218. Released in 2019, the Zodiac 2.0 is quite similar to its predecessor. It comes with an Insta fresh Juice jar, Master Chef+ Jar for food processing, Vega W5 750W motor with 4-speed option and dedicated buttons for dosa batter, coconut chutney, atta kneading, and pulse mode, and an ABS plastic construction with an elegant design.
In short, the Zodiac 2.0 is a versatile mixer grinder juicer, and it will be a worthy addition to any Indian kitchen. The most notable feature of the Preethi Zodiac 2.0 is its 2.1 liter Master Chef plus jar can perform functions such as atta kneading, chopping, citrus press, pureeing, slicing, grating, and meat mincing.
We recommend reading our buyer’s guide to learn what to look for when buying a mixer grinder.
- A versatile mixer grinder that combines several useful functions into one
- Enrich+ precision grinding menus for better food absorption
- Elegant design that will sit pretty in any kitchen
- 750W powerful motor that can grind turmeric in just 2 minutes
- 5-year warranty on the motor + 2-year warranty on the product
- Loud and noisy, can become unbearable when grinding turmeric at speed level 4
- At almost ₹12,000, the Preethi Zodiac is an expensive mixie
- Overall construction and build quality are below par for a mixer grinder that costs over ₹7000
- Average to poor customer service
The Preethi Zodiac 2.0 promises much but delivers little. For the hefty price tag, there are other options that you can consider, like the Bosch TrueMixx Pro 1000W Black that comes with a more powerful 1000W motor at a lower price range. Preethi missed a trick with the Zodiac 2.0. Most people will find little or no use for the Enrich+ buttons.
Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixer grinder – Product walkthrough video
An in-depth look at the features of the Preethi Zodiac 2.0 juicer mixer grinder
- Power and performance – The Zodiac 2.0 comes with a powerful 750W motor. Remember, choose a mixer with at least 750W power. This mixie has 4-speed levels and Enrich+ menus for coconut chutney, idli batter, atta kneading, and puree.
- Jars – The Zodiac 2.0 mixie comes with 4 jars.
- Use the 1.5L wet jar for making idli batter.
- Use the 0.5L chutney for making coconut, tomato, onion, coriander, and mint chutney.
- The 1.2L 3-in-1 Insta Fresh Fruit jar can extract tamarind juice and coconut milk, be used for blending, and extract fresh juices as a citrus press.
- Usage – The Zodiac 2.0 is a versatile mixer grinder used for extracting juices, making chutneys, mincing meat, kneading atta, and many more. The most notable feature is the multi-purpose Master Chef Jar+. You can use this jar for atta kneading, chopping, citrus press, pureeing, slicing, grating, and meat mincing, making your cooking enjoyable and fun.
- Safety – Electrical safety and physical safety are vital aspects that one should never overlook when buying a mixer grinder. The Zodiac 2.0 comes with non-slip feet to ensure that the mixer grinder stays put when functioning. It also has an overload indicator (OLP) which changes from orange to red if the mixie is overloaded. When you encounter this, switch off the mixie and remove some material from the jar. Press the Red knob projecting out of the bottom plate and restart the mixie.
- Blades – The Zodiac 2.0 comes with super sharp multi-functional blades. These razor-sharp blades provide fine grinding. The one downside is that these blades are difficult to change.
- Cleaning – All of the Zodiac 2.0’s jars except the juicer jar are easy to clean. The 3-in-1 juicer comes with a pusher, lid, filter, jar, spout, cutter assembly, and housing, making it cumbersome to clean.
- Accessories – Preethi ships the Zodiac 2.0 with spout and spout cap for the Insta fresh fruit jar. A Spatula, Blade coupler, pusher/measuring cup, blade holder disk, kneader blade, chopper blade, slicing blade, and grating blade for the Master Chef Jar+. A citrus bowl and citrus cone for the citrus press.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between Preethi Zodiac MG 218 and Preethi Zodiac 2.0?
- The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 comes with 5 jars as opposed to the 4 jars of Zodiac 2.0
- The Zodiac 2.0 is expensive than the MG 218
- The Zodiac 2.0 has dedicate menu buttons for coconut chutney, atta kneading, dosa batter, and puree
Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixer grinder - Specifications
|No. of Motors||1|
|Motor Speed||10000 rpm|
|No. of Jars||4|
|No. of Speed Settings||3|
|Noise Level||80 dB|
|On-Device Control Type||Buttons | Knob|
|Voltage Rating||220-240 V|
|AFTER SALES & SERVICES|