Review of Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 mixer grinder (mixie)
Mixer grinders or mixies are one of the most common household items in India. The mixie replaces our traditional stone grinders and is indispensable to Indian cooking. If you are looking to buy a popular mixie bought by more than one crore Indians, the Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 is the one to choose.
The Preethi Popular 750W mixie is one of the popular variants of the one crore series from Preethi. Released in 2017, the Popular 750W MG 142 comes with a 3-jars, 750W motor with a 3-speed option, and an ABS body with an elegant design.
The Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 is a no-nonsense workhorse that goes about doing its job day-in and day-out. Don’t expect any fancy features from the Popular 750W mixie. It is a simple, not sophisticated, and reliable mixie that does its job without any fuzz.
Remember, this mixie does not have all the fancy features like the Preethi Zodiac 2.0 mixie. It is not a juicer not can it knead atta or cut veggies. The Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 is simple, robust, will serve your kitchen for years to come, and will not put a hole in your pocket.
We recommend reading our buyer’s guide to learn what to look for when buying a mixer grinder.
- A simple but powerful mixer grinder with a no-nonsense design
- Life long free service with no labor charge
- Powerful 750W motor that can grind even the toughest ingredients
- Shockproof ABS body for a more durable and long-lasting performance
- At less than ₹5,000, the Preethi Popular 750W mixe is an ‘ok’ value for money mixie
- 2-year warranty on the product
- Loud and noisy, can become unbearable when grinding hard items like pepper, turmeric, and urad dhal
- Average to poor customer service
- Overall build quality needs improvement
- Made in 2017, this is an old model
If you are looking for a simple but powerful mixie, choose the Preethi Popular 750W MG 142. The 750W motor is powerful enough to give you efficient mixing and grinding to even the toughest ingredients. Preethi also offers this mixie with lifetime free service with no labor charges.
The downsides are poor overall build quality. The entire unit does not ‘feel’ premium or well put together. Loud noise is another issue that we did not like in the Preethi Popular 750W mixie. It also lacks features like atta-kneading, vegetable cutter, and juicer.
Overall, you can get better mixies with 750W motor than the Popular 750W MG 142. However, considering lifelong free service and over one crore people using this mixie, you cannot go wrong with the Preethi Popular 750W mixie.
An in-depth look at the features of the Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 mixer grinder
- Power and performance – Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 comes with a powerful 750W motor. Remember, choose a mixer with at least 750W power. This mixie has 3-speed levels that can grind coconut chutney, idli and dosa batter, dry-grind turmeric, and make lovely purees.
- Jars – The Steel Supreme mixie comes with 3 jars made from 100% stainless steel.
- Use the 1.7L main jar for dry grinding, wet grinding, blending, and whipping.
- Use the 1L multipurpose middle jar for both wet and dry grinding.
- Use the 0.4L chutney for making coconut, tomato, onion, coriander, and mint chutney.
- Usage – The Preethi Popular 750W MG-142 is a versatile, simple, no-nonsense mixie. It is easy to use and will serve your kitchen for several years to come.
- Safety – Electrical safety and physical safety are vital aspects that one should never overlook when buying a mixer grinder. The Preethi Popular 750W MG 142 comes with non-slip feet to ensure that the mixer grinder stays put when functioning. It comes with a shockproof ABS body to prevent electrical shock. Unlike the Zodiac 2.0, this mixer grinder does not come with an overload protector.
- Blades – The Popular 750W comes with super sharp multi-functional blades. These razor-sharp blades provide fine grinding.
- Cleaning – All of the Preethi Popular 750W jars are easy to clean. Watch out! the blades are sharp and can cause cuts if you are not careful while cleaning.
- Accessories – Preethi ships the Popular 750W mixie with a Spatula, Blade coupler, and blade holder disk.
Preethi Popular- MG 142 mixer grinder - Specifications
|Voltage||230V AC 50 Hz|
|Power Consumption||750 Watt|
|Motor||Universal 750 Watt High Power Motor|
|Material of Body||A.B.S|
|Material of Jars||Stainless Steel|
|Blade Assemblies||Stainless Steel, Machine Ground and Polished|
|Speed Controls||Rotary Switch with 3 Speed and Pulse|
|Flex Cord||PVC insulated 3 Core, Flexicord with Plugtop & earthing|
|AFTER SALES & SERVICES|
|Product Guarantee||2 Year|
|Motor Warranty||5 Year|